5 Man of the Match performances this weekend
With the Premier League season well into full swing now, the table is starting to take shape and everyone is looking to include the best players in their Fantasy League team. We’ve taken a look back at the weekends action and picked 5 players who deserved the ‘Man of the Match’ trophy in their respective fixtures.
- Hugo Lloris
- Spurs boss Pochettino hailed Lloris as one of the “best 3 goalkeepers in world football” after his stunning performance in the North London derby on Saturday. The pick of his saves was the one which somehow denied Mertesacker a winning goal, topping off his all-round solid display.
- Mile Jedinak
- The Australian skipper capped off a strong performance, in which he controlled the midfield, with a header that sealed Palace’s 2-0 victory over Leicester. He now has two goals in as many games, but what was more important was his solid performance in front of the back four.
- Graziano Pelle
- When Charlie Austin scored a stunning goal for QPR to equalise against Southampton at the weekend, Pelle just had to go one better. The skill and athleticism that the Italian forward showed when scoring the winner would have impressed any football fan.
- Craig Dawson
- West Brom have sprung into action, and they capped off an impressive week with a 4-0 victory over struggling Burnley. Captain Craig Dawson was particularly impressive in this fixture, keeping a clean-sheet whilst also being on hand to head in the first goal of the afternoon.
- Edin Dzeko
- Dzeko put in a match-winning performance that included two goals on Saturday, to help Man City edge past Hull after a nervy first-half. The first strike was particularly good, as the Bosnian striker curled it into the far corner from the edge of the box.
Whether it’s for your Sunday league side, or your Fantasy Football league at work, you can get your own man of the match trophies here.